The History and meaning of Diamond
Diamond is the birthstone month of April
Diamond is he gemstone of the 10th 60th and 70th Anniversary in marriage
Meaning of Diamond
The Diamond is a symbol of purity. Its pure white light can help you to bring your life into cohesive whole. It bonds relationships, bringing love and clarity into partnership. Said to enhance the love a husband for his wife, it is seen as a sign of commitment and fidelity. Diamond has been a symbol of wealth for thousands of years and is one of the stones of manifestation, attracting abundance. The larger the Diamond, the more abundance there is. A large Diamond is also excellent for blocking geopathic or electromagnetic stress and for protection against cell phones.
Diamond is an amplifier of energy; it is one of the few stones that never needs recharging. It cleanses the energy of whatever it comes into contact with and is very effective when used with other crystals for healing as it enhances their power. Diamonds are particularly effective when worn as jewellery.
The qualities that Diamond imparts include fearless, invincibility, and fortitude. The light of a Diamond will pinpoint anything that is negative and requires transformation. Diamond clears emotional and mental pain, reduces fear and brings about new beginnings. It is a highly creative stone, stimulating imagination and inventiveness.
Diamond provides a link to the intellect and the higher mind. It brings clarity of mind and aids enlightenment.
Diamond cleanses the aura of anything shrouding a person’s light, allowing the soul light to shine out. It reminds you of your soul’s aspirations and aids spiritual evolution. It activates the crown chakra linking it to divine light.
Diamond treats glaucoma, clears sight and benefits the brain. It treats allergies and chronic conditions and rebalances the metabolism. Traditionally it was used to counteract poisons.
History and legends
The ancient Romans and Greeks had a lot of powerful beliefs about diamonds, including ideas that diamonds were the tears of the gods or possibly even splinters that had broken off of falling stars. Roman literature, which first made mention of diamonds in the first century AD, also stated that Cupid’s irresistible arrows were tipped with diamonds.
Classical Greek philosopher Plato went even further to write about diamonds as living beings that embodied celestial spirits
In ancient times, Kings were known to lead wars on the battlefield wearing heavy leather breastplates studded with diamonds. It was believed that diamonds possessed God-given magical qualities and superpowers far beyond the understanding of ordinary humans
- Diamond hardness on the Mohs scale is 10 the hardest gemstone
- Diamond is the star sign for Aries
- The word "Diamond" comes from the Greek word "Adamas" and means "unconquerable and indestructible
- Most diamonds found in nature are between one to three billion years’ old
- The earliest record of man giving diamond to a woman was in 1477 when the Archduke of Austria gave a diamond to Mary of Burgundy
- The colorless a diamond is the higher quality grade it will be
- There are white dwarf stars in space that have a diamond core. The biggest diamond known in universe weights 2.27 thousand trillion tons which is 10 billion trillion carats.
- Scientists claimed that diamonds are forged in the planet’s atmosphere of Saturn, these diamonds would be around a centimeter in diameter, the new study estimates that there are more than 1,000 tons of diamonds being created every year on Saturn and they think it may be happening on Jupiter too.
Take a peek at all our April Diamond Birthstone Pretty Wild Jewellery.